Sunday, May 22, 2011

Crazie

The translation I was talking about in the previous posts went well; it was accepted, and I got another book to translate. A longer one, this time - I can't tell you what book it is, I'll just say it's the third in a YA urban fantasy series, and, according to Amazon, it's 560 pages long.

Now that will take a while.

My plan is, of course, to read that book before I start translating it. I also intend to read the first two books before I start translating the third one. And there's this book, about 700 pages long, that I've started to read, and which i intend to finish before I begin reading this YA urban fantasy series. That's about 2000 pages before i even start translating.

Now, do you think that such a plan means I'm too ambitious? Too confident of my abilities? Too optimistic? Or just plain crazy?

If nothing else, I'm going to have fun with it. And it's a great relief that things are doing well.

Completely non-related, but fun, is the Photoshopped pic of me, done by my SO. Judging from the picture, do I look weird? Maybe it's the hair. What do you think?

Do I look different to you?

2 comments:

Kelly Hashway said...

Wow, that's a lot of reading! Good luck. That's great that your previous translation was accepted and that you have another one to work on.

Funny picture!

angel011 said...

I'm currently using it as my Facebook profile picture. One guy said I looked different, have I changed my hair?

A lot of reading indeed, and a pleasure to do it. Thanks for dropping by!