Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Cosmetics Appreciation Post

The scent of the Godiva solid shampoo is simply amazing.



I don't use make-up. I rarely even think about cosmetics - about any kind of it. But sometimes, just sometimes, there are cosmetic thingies which are so adorable that they manage to grab my attention, and then refuse to let it go. One such thingy is Lush's Godiva solid shampoo.

I bought that one for the first time a few years ago. It's like a soap in your hand; you use it quite easily, as if washing your hair with a soap. It's easy to apply and easy to rinse; since it's both a shampoo and a conditioner, you don't need a conditioner later on, unless your hair gives you a lot of trouble without very special products. If you have to, you can wash your body with this solid shampoo too; in the times of need, it's also good for hand-washing small, delicate pieces of clothing.

All of it is very practical, but that's not what makes Godiva so special. It's the scent.

On the catalog, they say it's the scent of jasmine. And it is, but not just jasmine; and whatever it is, it's divine. I kid you not. It's wonderful while you wash you hair; afterward, the scent is so amazing you wish to run your fingers through your hair and smell them - do I sound like a pervert now?

I remember washing my hair with it a few years ago, and then going out. After a while, the rain started, a heavy rain. My hair got all wet - and then I felt the intense scent of Godiva. It was so wonderful that I wished I could keep my hair wet all the time. And since it was a silly idea, I kept hoping for the rain to fall in order for my hair to get wet again, which was even more silly. I'll have to put this amazing shampoo in a story sometime - you know, a heroine using it one way or another, just a routine thingy, nothing over the top.

Today I bought the Godiva solid shampoo again (that's what inspired me for this post), but not for me; I bought it for a friend whose birthday will be soon (you can see it on the picture above). She likes Lush products, and I hope she'll enjoy this one too.

Anyway, am I the only one getting silly ideas when it comes to cosmetics?

3 comments:

Katrina said...

There are some cosmetics that I LOVE. I love body butter lotions. I almost purr when I rub it into my hands, and the sweet-pea scent is one of my more favourite scents.

Anonymous said...

This sounds terrific. I struggle to find a shampoo with a strong scent and I may have to try this and soon. Wish I could have learned about it before the summer, when I need it most.

angel011 said...

Cat, I love body lotions too, just not body butter lotions. I completely understand the part about purring, they can be so amazing!

Jennifer, I hope you like this one - it's pricey, but lasts for a long time, and is wonderful no matter the time of the year!